Check back regularly to stay informed about new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
Head over to our Product Updates page for a monthly roundup of what's new.
Release Notes for Echosec can be found here.
September 1, 2020
- Implemented highlighting of search term or asset being monitored within results for faster navigation to relevant content within results.
- Multi-factor authentication is now available for Beacon users. This additional security measure can be enabled from within your account under Settings > Passwords.
- There is a new asset type to facilitate data collection from specific social boards. groups, or forums.
- Asset matches within the Risk Portal can now be marked as read or unread for simpler tracking of your inbox.
August 13, 2020
- Introduced threat distribution graphic on the Risk Portal dashboard to display trends in asset matches returned
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
August 12, 2020
- WhatsApp data is now available within Beacon. It will be enabled by default on all searches, or can be selected under the Data Sources advances search filter.
August 5, 2020
- Added additional asset category: IIN/BIN numbers.
- Performance improvements within Risk Portal
August 4, 2020
NEW: The Risk Portal by Echosec Systems enables active monitoring of your organization's most valuable assets.
The risk portal allows for monitoring of digital risk indicators across multiple data sources including social media, dark web marketplaces and forums, paste sites, and verified breach repositories.
Assets like credentials, personally identifiable information, or keywords of interest are organized into groups with customizable options for monitoring, sharing, and editing permissions within your team.
Results that match your assets will appear on the new risk portal dashboard, and are tagged with threat categories detected by the new Echosec Systems machine learning technology. Violent threats, data disclosure, instances of hate speech, and toxic language can be detected within posts to help prioritize investigation and remediation efforts.
Learn more about the future of machine learning at Echosec Systems in this press release.
July 13, 2020
This release includes a number of product improvements:
- New: API Knowledge Base
Users can access case studies, detailed documentation, and submit sample API calls to the Echosec Systems Platform API through the new Knowledge Base. Visit the API Explorer to access advanced request parameters for the Social, Documents, and Natural Language endpoints.
- Updated: Account-Wide Settings
Beacon users can now access account settings to update login credentials, invite other team members, and check data usage.
- New: Simpler Navigation
Users can now switch between products, access the new API knowledge base, Account Settings, and log out using the new left navigation bar.
June 15, 2020
- Download links are now available in the browser when exporting results. Users can still optionally specify an email destination to send the download link.
June 12, 2020
- Flagged results now persist for your entire session and won't be cleared when clearing your results.
- Improvements to multi-keyword author search.
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
May 12, 2020
- We now show the subnetwork (board, group, chat, subreddit, forum name, etc) in the post metadata when applicable. Stay tuned for the ability to filter by this property, coming soon!
- Improved display of info and error messages.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
April 22, 2020
- Resolved an issue affecting exporting from the Breaches tab.
- Enhancements and performance improvements.
April 3, 2020
- Added support for large social results: click 'load more' at the bottom of a post to view an extended preview.
April 1, 2020
- Improvements to entity detection within results.
March 24, 2020
- Beacon now partially obscures plain text passwords included in data breaches to protect the individual included in the breach while allowing the owner of the password to recognize it.
- Performance fixes.
March 12, 2020
- Groups or forum names are now included in result metadata for Gab, 4Chan, and 2Channel. For these data sources, groups or forums are topics or categories of conversation to which posts are created.
March 5, 2020
- New Data Source: Leaked Data Repositories
In Beacon, you now have access to easily search for personal or enterprise assets contained within publicly available data breaches. Users can search for emails, usernames, phone numbers, IP addresses, and other pieces of personally identifiable information across all of our dark, deep, social, paste, and breach data at once.
March 1, 2020
- Some minor UI/UX fixes for the export feature
February 26, 2020
- New tab: The Flagged tab displays the posts you've flagged within your results to help quickly revisit them. Flagging posts helps you keep track of results of interest and lets you export a selection of individual results.
- Improved display of authors in Telegram posts
- Continued improvements to phone number detection within results.
February 20, 2020
- Expanded coverage of Telegram data is now available in Beacon. This includes access to more groups and channels.
- Improved phone number detection within results to help quickly pull out relevant pieces of information with fewer false positives.
- Improved formatting of posts displayed in the product to more closely match their formatting in the original source.
- Updates to the export feature.
February 13, 2020
- We've made it easier to mark results of interest with the new flagging feature. Users can now add flags to posts they wish to revisit or export.
- You can now export either flagged or all visible results.
February 10, 2020
- We've improved the accuracy of phone number detection to make it easier to search and quickly identify them within results.
- Improvements to feedback and error messages throughout for easier troubleshooting.
February 3, 2020
- New data source: PasteFS, a paste site that allows text, image, and document sharing unlike other paste sites which are often limited to text-only.
- Made it easier to identify entities like external URLs and quickly copy them
- Small style tweak to make posts with lots of entities easier to read
- Fixed a minor issue affecting the search builder on the home page
January 23, 2020
- Fixed an issue when pivoting on URL entities within posts.
January 22, 2020
- New data provider: 2channel.moe, a popular Russian imageboard formatted similarly to 4Chan. The site allows users to post and reply short text or images within boards organized by topic.
- Performance updates.
January 10, 2020
- Users can now view more results in the Social and Documents tabs.
- Fixed an issue affecting pivoting on phone number entities.
- Minor bug fixes.
January 6, 2020
Implemented a fix for paste site results formatting incorrectly.
- Added a placeholder image to indicate when additional content is available in TOR browser.
- Performance updates.
December 10, 2019
- New tab: Documents
Your results view now contains a new tab containing Pastebin and a new data source, the onion site DeepPaste.
- Improvements to the entities bar on the results page
- Small usability and performance updates
November 15, 2019
- New tab: Social
We've added a new tab to the results view containing data from six new data providers. Check them out in the Data Sources advanced search filter.
- Implemented a new display style to better suit social posts: we now show the author avatar if available and display images from some data sources.
November 1, 2019
- Made some updates to the Data Sources filter (previously "Networks") to improve readability and prepare for incorporation of some new data sources. Consider this an official hint!
- Some minor UX updates for results tabs display.
October 25, 2019
- The results feed is now divided into tabs to help distinguish between posts that will require additional tools like a TOR browser to visit (Dark Web tab) and posts that can be accessed by any browser (Deep Web tab). The Dark Web tab includes data from TOR, i2P, and Zeronet, while the Deep Web tab contains open web, deep web, and social content.
October 18, 2019
- Updated the post detail display to improve readability.
October 2, 2019
- This release included a performance fix to help the entities bar load faster 💨
- Implemented an improvement to IP address searching.
October 1, 2019
- New feature release! We're excited to announce the release of a new feature: the ability to pivot on details found in your search results to power new searches within Beacon. Use this feature to find more posts by an author or find more appearances of personally identifiable information like emails or phone numbers. To give it a try, click any of the highlighted text in your results.
- Added a new advanced search filter: phone numbers. You can use this filter to search for full or partial numbers appearing in posts.
- Made improvements to the display on mobile.
- Fixed an issue causing phone numbers to be inconsistently highlighted in results
- Fixed an issue affecting exact IP address searches.
September 15, 2019
- We've added an Author filter that allows users to search across all networks for posts created by accounts with the specified username.
September 10, 2019
- We've made it easier to quickly locate External Links within posts by adding them to the entities list on the results page.
September 6, 2019
- We've added Authors to the entities list on the results page. Click an author name to view the post they've written or threads in which they've participated.
September 5, 2019
- We've doubled the number of posts that load in the results list at once for easier access to your most relevant results and more accurate entity counts.
September 4, 2019
- Refactored the entities bar in the results view to return only accurately tagged entities. This is a small change in preparation for an exciting new feature, so stay tuned!
September 1, 2019
- We've updated our colour scheme! You'll now notice a consistent colour scheme is used throughout Echosec and Beacon, featuring a deep blue with coral highlights.
- Made a few improvements to the entities bar in the results view: made it easier to expand and fixed an issue where tooltips and the expand arrow would overlap icons at some screen sizes.
- Updated icons on the search builder.
August 23, 2019
- Updated the results view to remove white space; the results list now spans the whole page before a post is expanded into detail view.
August 21, 2019
- A couple of minor navigation improvements. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements! 🚀
July 25, 2019
- Added knowledge base icon and flyout menu to results page for easier access to support articles.
- Added quotations around individual names in the search builder input for better query building.
- Added a fix for the Beacon logo disappearing on small screens so that mobile users can navigate to the home page and search builder.
July 10, 2019
- A couple of minor UI improvements:
- Added indication that some fields are single input (eg. organization’s email domain).
- Hitting enter key in search stepper now goes to next step for single-input fields.
July 8, 2019
- Added a fix for entities being highlighted if part of another word
- Fixed an issue preventing the search preview that appears below the keyword entry field from appearing in some browsers.
July 2, 2019
You'll notice three new menu options on the Beacon home page: Marketplaces, Breached Data, and Discussion Boards. Choose a category to start using a search builder that will help you combine the advanced search filters to target your search.
June 2, 2019
- New announcement center! Click the bell icon in the top toolbar of Echosec or Beacon to view a feed including new feature announcements, breaking news, and posts from our blog.
- New advanced search filter: “Minimum email count” helps users find posts that are more likely to be dumps of personally identifiable information by specifying the minimum number of email addresses that should appear in the post.
- Fixed a bug causing search filter panels to close when input removed.
May 16, 2019
New filters! Users can now filter by site name and site type.
- The site name filter will allow searching for darknet sites that often have complex URLs that are difficult to remember or recognize.
- The site type filter will help with easy filtering of posts based on the site’s type (marketplace, chat, blog, etc).
May 12, 2019
- New advanced search filter! Like in Echosec, the object detection filter allows searching images for detected objects. Added typeahead to ensure object entered is among those detected.
- Added snackbar alerts to communicate errors more clearly
- Fixed issue affecting use of brackets in keyword searches
April 28, 2019
- Added example view to display accepted logical operators in searches (OR, AND, NOT) and added interpretation of typed keywords below search field.
- Improved display of posts to allow for support chat bubble.
April 9, 2019
- Some small design tweaks: changed wording beside drop-down from ‘filter by’ to ‘search by’, and removed the ‘load more results’ button when all results loaded
March 31, 2019
- Added Networks advanced search filter to allow searching for specific Networks (TOR, Zeronet, I2P, Openbazaar, Telegram, Discord, IRC, and Openweb)
- Added translation button for post content.
- Added tooltips to smart filter icons in center bar.
- Disabled stemming of keywords in exact match keyword searches.
- Moved ‘Clear’ button for easier clearing of filters and added ‘Apply’ button for advanced search filters
- Fixed an issue affecting scrolling when clicking on new results.
Feb 4, 2019
- Enabled highlighting of search keywords in results text
Jan 14, 2019
- Redesigned advanced search and fixed issues with page scrolling
- Fixed an issue where refreshing the page ran a search for ‘null’
- HTML encoding removed from document text returned in searches
- Added ‘Do not show me again’ option in TOR browser modal